Shalby Hospital, Ahmedabad
- Hospital: Shalby Hospital
- Location: Ahmedabad, Gujrat,India
- Established in: 1994
- Number of Beds: 1700
- Number of Icu Beds:
- Category: Multi-Specialty
Accrediations and Affiliation
KNOW ABOUT HOSPITAL
- NABH, NABL, ISO 9001: 2008 accredited Shalby Hospital in Ahmedabad was established in 1994.
- The President and CEO of the Multi-Specialty Hospital, Dr. Vikram I. Shah is known worldwide as the inventor of the “O” technique for total knee replacement.
- Since 2007 she has treated more than 35,000 patients with various diseases worldwide.
- Hospital has home treated 2,000 patients at Shalby Homecare facilities.
- It is the first hospital in the western region of India to offer a knee replacement.
- It works in Ambulatory Services (OPD) across India and overseas such as Kenya and Uganda.
- Shalby Hospital has also received several prestigious awards such as the Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award and the FICCI Operational Excellence Award.
- On March 12, 2016, Shalby hospital also received the CNBC Lower Award for Excellence in Healthcare.
- Offers specialist clinics for stroke, epilepsy, heartburn, snoring and sinuses, glaucoma, sleep study, diabetes, liver, kidney, asthma, fertility, obesity, high blood pressure and radiation therapy.
- It specializes in joint replacement surgery, intensive care and trauma, spinal surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, ortho-oncology, cardiology and minimally invasive heart surgery, sports injuries, kidney transplantation and advice on liver transplantation.
- Hospital has performed over 65,000 joint replacement surgeries in India.
- It offers care in more than 25 medical disciplines.
- It offers treatment under more than 40 therapeutic orders.
- Dr. Vikram Shah, Head of the Joint Replacement Team, performed over 20,000 surgeries in 1993-2009.
- The hospital has 1,700 beds.
- Operating theaters are equipped with a guided airflow to reduce infection rates.
- It is the first hospital in India to install and use the body evacuation system in operating rooms.
- It has 50 OPDs and patient monitoring centers in India and 15 OPDs in the African continent.
- Internet is available in all rooms.
- Offers free email advice from specialist doctors and free telemedicine / Skype service for appointments.
- The facilities of the guest house for staying and recovering after the operation as well as the service apartment are also available to families / assistants.
- There are also kitchen and prayer rooms.
TV in room
Phone in Room
Mobility accessible rooms
Safe in the room
Nursery / Nanny services
Personal assistance / Concierge
Spa and wellness
Business centre services
Dedicated smoking areas
Special offer for group stays
Diet on Request
Medical records transfer
Online doctor consultation
Local tourism options
Local transportation booking
Visa / Travel office
Medical Travel Insurance
- Distance: 18 kms
- Duration: 38 mins
- Railway station
- Distance: 14 kms
- Duration: 30 mins
- Complimentary airport pick-up and drop service is available.
- Hotel Crowne Plaza is just 4 mins away from the hospital..
- Local travel arrangements are also available nearby for sight-seeing and shopping.
Opp. Karnavati Club, Sarkhej – Gandhinagar Highway